Responsible Gaming Policy
Betway is committed to doing everything possible to give its Customers an enjoyable gaming experience, whilst recognising that gambling can cause problems for a minority of individuals. To ensure that you continue to enjoy safe and manageable play we fully support Responsible Gaming and have numerous measures in place to offer checks.
Click here for more information about how to gamble responsibly, in accordance with Gamble Aware.
1. The Diagnostic Screen for Gambling Disorders
If you want to evaluate whether to modify or seek help for your gambling behaviour please click here.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem we advise you consider assistance from one of these recognised organisations:
2. Identity Checks
We take stringent steps to ensure that only people of age participate and enter Betway.com include requesting you to send us a photocopy of your identification documents, such as a driver's licence or identity card, to verify the age and identity of new customers. The legal age for gaming online varies from country to country and so we advise that you the check the rules of your jurisdiction before you play.
Any personal details we request from you are purely to verify your identity – this is a legal requirement for both your own and our protection. If you have any questions about our identity checks, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
3. Additional Responsible Gaming Features
Betway actively encourages each of its Customers to participate in the management of their gaming account and so offers a variety of Responsible Gaming features…
3.1 Deposit Limits
Take financial control of your gaming account with the ability to set you own preferred deposit limits. Deposit limits can be set for the following periods:
At your request, deposit limits may be decreased, increased or removed entirely. An increase or complete removal of deposit limits will take effective after 24 hours, whilst a decrease to deposit limits will be instantly applied.
You may, at any time, request temporary or permanent exclusion from participation at Betway. The self-exclusion options available are:
• Brief break / Cooling-Off – the account is suspended for at least 24 hours
• Temporary Self-Exclusion – the account is suspended for at least 1 calendar month
• Permanent Self-Exclusion – the account is suspended indefinitely (or at least 6 calendar months)
Upon immediate receipt of your Temporary self-exclusion request, measures will be taken by Betway to ensure you cannot participate in any further gaming or perform any deposits until the exclusion period expires.
In the case of a Permanent self-exclusion request, Betway will contact you with a view to returning any remaining funds held in the account balance – less bonus money. Please note: the account may only be considered for re-activation by Betway upon a Customer’s request and following an exclusion period of at least 6 months.
3.3 Activity Statement
Information relating to each of your gaming sessions at Betway can be viewed for up to 30 days. The information includes the start date and time of your gaming session plus its duration.
Further information regarding your activity at Betway can also be viewed for a period of at least 90 days. The information includes details about your account balance, gambling history (including bet amounts, winnings and losses), deposits, withdrawals and other related transactions.
Player Protection Policy
1. Protection of Minors
With the Internet so readily accessible via mobile devices and in homes around the world, responsible online gambling relies heavily on parental control and supervision. In order to ensure child safety on the Net, Betway encourages its Customers to make use of filtering software to prevent minors from accessing inappropriate online material.
Tips for Parents:
• Do not leave your computer unattended when logged in to your Betway Account.
• Password-protect your Betway Account.
• Do not allow persons under 18 to participate in any gambling activity.
• Keep your Betway Username and password safe.
• Keep your credit/debit card(s) out of the reach of children.
• Do not save passwords on your computer. Write them down instead.
• Limit the amount of time your children spend online and make use of filtering software to prevent your children from accessing inappropriate material.
Underage gambling is not only illegal, but can also result in gambling dependencies and huge gambling debts incurred by unsupervised children.
So, if you share your mobile phone, tablet, laptop or computer with friends or family who are under the legal age to participate in online gambling, Betway advocates you restrict their access to our website by registering with Net Nanny, a world leader in real-time Internet filtering technology.
Other Important Tips:
• Make sure that the decision to gamble is your own personal choice.
• Establish limits for depositing, wagering and even losses before you commence gaming.
• Never game if:
- you are younger than the legal gaming age
- it interferes with your daily responsibilities
- you are being treated or in recovery for a dependency
- you are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
- you are attempting to win back previous losses
- your primary purpose is to recoup your debt with your winnings
2. The Gaming Contract and Privacy
3. Rules of Play
Before you start gaming at Betway, we recommend that you familiarise yourself with the rules of the games and, in the case of our Casino, try our “Practice Play” mode.
4. General Odds of Winning
To ensure the maximum protection of our Customers, the payout percentages of our casino games are both certified and published by eCOGRA on a monthly basis.
Click here to view the latest eCOGRA certifications.
5. Customer Complaints
Customer complaints/claims of any nature must be submitted within 3 months of the issue occurring.
IMPORTANT: to ensure your complaint/claim is directed to and investigated by the correct department, written communication must submitted to Betway via the following means:
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post: Betway Limited, PO Box 29, Malta Post, Gzira, GZR-1300, MALTA
In addition, the written communication must contain the following information:
a) your Betway Username
b) a detailed explanation of the complaint/claim
c) any specific dates / times associated with the complaint/claim (if applicable)
Note: failure to submit a written communication as outlined above will result in your complaint/claim not being appropriately categorised and investigated for a timely resolution.
Upon receipt, best efforts will be made to resolve any reported matter promptly and, at a maximum, within one month. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the resolution of your complaint/claim, you may contact eCOGRA, the internationally accredited player protection and standards organisation, submit a Dispute Form.
Alternatively, you can contact the Players’ Support Channel operated by the Lotteries and Gaming Authority, Malta.
Last updated: 11/04/2014 at 13:15 GMT.