1. Betway sets the maximum pay-out limit per customer for each sport at its own discretion. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure they are aware of each limit before the bet placement. In the event of a an accumulator or multiple leg bet, the maximum pay-out will be applied according to the lowest limit.
2. Dead-Heats: When a Dead-Heat occurs winners are paid on a “split-stakes” basis. (e.g. if 2 horses dead-heat then half the stake is paid as a winner.)
3. Palpable Error Rule: All odds, lines and handicaps are subject to fluctuation and become fixed only at the time of bet acceptance. Where a palpable error or system failure results in an incorrect price, line or handicap taken in a bet – the bet, or part of the bet if it is a multiple /parlay will be void. If the error is noticed in time Betway will make reasonable efforts to contact the customer to allow the choice of placing another bet at the correct odds/line/handicap. If this is not possible due to time constraints or any other reason, any amount overpaid can be recovered from you by Betway. Betway also has the right to adjust your account to reflect the true outcome and rectify the mistake. Such mistakes could be, but are not exclusively limited to, an incorrect price, a late bet, and incorrect settlement.
4. Bets on events that have started will be void unless it is a live-betting event.
5. If any fixture/event is not played or is postponed from its scheduled date for any reason, all bets will stand for the following day. If after that time the fixture/event is not played then all selections on that fixture/event will be made void. This rule stand for all sports except Baseball (See General Rule 6), Tennis (see Tennis Rules) and Football tournament/non-regular season matches (see Football Rules). See General Rule 7 for multiple and system bets.
Enhanced Multiples: If any of the events / matches are postponed or abandoned and are not played within 24 hours of the scheduled Kick Off time the Enhanced Multiple will be void.
6. If any Baseball game is postponed the above rule (General Rule 5) does not apply and all selections on the postponed game will be voided as soon as confirmation of the postponement is received.
7. If there is a void selection within a multiple or system bet, that individual selection will be voided and the bet will be run on the remaining selections. For example, a treble containing one void selection becomes a double on the remaining two selections within the bet. The same approach will be applied to all multiple and system bets.
8. The official result is final for settlement purposes except where specific rules state the contrary. The podium position in Motor Sport racing, the medal ceremony in athletics and any similar official ceremony or presentation in other sports are to be treated as the official result.
9. If any Match is abandoned due to injury, bad weather, crowd trouble etc. all bets that have already been settled up until the time of abandonment will stand. For example: If a football match is abandoned in the second half, all bets involving the 1st half will stand. Furthermore, if there has been a goal scored, the first goal scorer market will stand, but the last and any time goal scorer bets will be void. For tennis: if a player retires injured in the 3rd set, all bets to win the 1st and 2nd sets will stand.
10. Multiple bets which combine different selections within the same event are not accepted where the outcome of one affects or is affected by the other.
11. Betway reserves the right to refuse the whole or part of any bet and to make ambiguous bets void. No bets will unreasonably be declared void.
12. Betway reserves the right to cancel any bets from customers who place money on an event where they are in any way involved, as participants, referee, coach etc.
13. For the purposes of the odd/even markets – zero goals/points counts as even, unless specified.
15. The use of a “banker” selection or selections to get round online limits is not permitted. Betway reserves the right to void any bets when 1 single selection (“a banker”) is combined with other selections to circumvent Betway’s online betting limits. When this occurs all bets may be voided apart from the first bet struck.
16. Betway is not responsible for any errors in regards to the announcing, publishing, times, results or venues displayed on this site, despite every effort being made to ensure their accuracy. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to check such information is accurate at the time of publication.
17. Betway reserves the right to withhold payment and to declare bets on an event void if we have evidence that the following has occurred: (i) the integrity of the event has been called into question or (ii) matchrigging has taken place. Evidence may be based on the size, volumes or pattern of bets placed with Betway across any or all of our betting channels.
18. Betway allows only one account per person. Any subsequent accounts opened under the same postcode/personal details/IP address that are found to be related to any existing account may be closed immediately and any bets will be voided at Betway's discretion. Betway reserves the right to reclaim any winnings attained by these means.
19. Rule 4’s / a.k.a “Tattersalls Rule 4©” for applicable sports
Price at time of withdrawal* and amount deducted in the £ (or equivalent) from winnings:
*Time of Withdrawal = Time when Betway withdraws the Non Runner in the Betway Betting Market (not the time when the selection pulls out of the event).
Rule 4 deductions table
|Non-Runner Price When Withdrawn||Amount Deducted From Winnings|
|1/9 or shorter||90p in the £1*|
|2/11 to 2/17||85p in the £1*|
|1/4 to 1/5||80p in the £1*|
|3/10 to 2/7||75p in the £1*|
|2/5 to 1/3||70p in the £1*|
|8/15 to 4/9||65p in the £1*|
|8/13 to 4/7||60p in the £1*|
|4/5 to 4/6||55p in the £1*|
|20/21 to 5/6||50p in the £1*|
|Evs to 6/5||45p in the £1*|
|5/4 to 6/4||40p in the £1*|
|13/8 to 7/4||35p in the £1*|
|15/8 to 9/4||30p in the £1*|
|5/2 to 3/1||25p in the £1*|
|10/3 to 4/1||20p in the £1*|
|9/2 to 11/2||15p in the £1*|
|6/1 to 9/1||10p in the £1*|
|10/1 to 14/1||5p in the £1*|
|Over 14/1||No deduction|
20. For the purposes of settlement we always round down to 2 decimal places. E.G. £0.10 @ 3.75 (11/4) returns £0.37.
Last updated: 01/11/2017 at 11:30 GMT.