General Greyhound Rules
1. All conditions stated in this section refer only to Greyhounds and have priority over any other rule or condition.
2. All bets struck on Greyhounds are on a specific dog and not the trap number.
Acceptance of bets
1. Betway reserve the right to alter Show Prices from the Track.
2. Betway reserves the right not to offer Greyhound Racing from certain Tracks at our sole discretion.
Where Show Prices are available these are relayed directly from the greyhound stadium/The Track or may be priced internally by the Betway Trading team. If a greyhound is withdrawn from a race, no further Show Prices will be available until a new market has been formed.
1. Each day we may offer early prices on selected races.
2. Early Prices are subject to a Rule 4 deduction on any withdrawn Greyhound, which leaves a vacant trap, based on the last early price available at the time.
3. If a race with early prices has a dog withdrawn and replaced by a reserve, all bets on that race will be made void and new prices will be made available, when time permits.
Withdrawals / Reserves
1. All Greyhound bets are on the named Dog (not Trap number).
2. If a Greyhound is a Non Runner to leave a vacant trap, a Rule 4 may be applied (see Horse Racing Rule 4 table for deduction rates).
3. If a Greyhound is withdrawn from a race and replaced by a Reserve, then all bets on that Race are void and the new market will be made available, where time permits.
4. The time of any withdrawal will be when Betway removes a runner from a market; this time may be different to the official withdrawal time.
Re-Scheduled Greyhound Races
1. Bets placed on a void race, which is re-scheduled to be run later on the same day, will stand and be settled at the price taken earlier in the day. Should there be a dog withdrawn a Rule 4 may apply.
2. In the event that the race is not re-scheduled to be run on the same day, all selections in that race will be treated as non-runners and made void.
1. All Bets are all in run or not.
2. Prices offered on specific competitions are Ante-Post up to and including the semi-final stage, where the race cannot be supplemented by a reserve.
3. Where a reserve greyhound is re-introduced into a competition, all bets remain ‘all in run or not’. If the re-introduced greyhound goes on to win or be placed in the race, all bets stand.
4. Bets placed on the final or on a single race event will be settled on a Non-Runner No-Bet basis, with all remaining bets being settled with a Rule 4 deduction (See Rule 4 table for deduction rates).
5. Forecast/Tricast bets are not accepted as Ante Post bets.
6. If an Ante Post race is postponed but due to be run later that calendar year, bets will remain open. Should a customer request their bet be made void, this may be done prior to the start of the competition.
7. Other dogs may be added upon request and dogs may be added right up until the final declaration stage.
USA Greyhound Exceptions:
1. We may offer prices from a variety of USA Greyhound tracks. Each Way terms will apply as the table below shows.
2. Forecast & Tricast bets are not accepted as part of our USA Greyhound service and bets placed in error on Forecast or Tricasts will be made void.
3. SP will be settled as per the last tote price from a 3rd party provider.
Australian Greyhound Exceptions:
1. We may offer prices from a variety of Australian Greyhound tracks. Each Way terms will apply as the table below shows.
2. Forecast & Tricast bets are not accepted as part of our Australian Greyhound service and bets placed in error on Forecast or Tricasts will be made void.
3. SP will be settled as per the last tote price from a 3rd party provider.
Each Way Betting:
1. An each way bet consists of two stakes, one for the win part of the bet and one for the place part. If your selection finishes first both the win and place bet is successful. Bets are settled to win unless each way is clearly stated. The place part of each way bets on greyhound racing is settled as per the following place terms.
|2-4 runners||Win Only|
|5-7 runners||1/4 odds, 1,2|
|8 + runners||1/5 odds, 1,2,3|
2. Where there are an insufficient number of finishers for the place terms advertised, only those runners officially placed will be treated as successful selections and bets on non-finishers will be lost.
3. If you place a bet each way for a race or event that is win only, the total stake will be invested for a win.
4. If the Each Way terms change in the race; your bet will now apply at the new relevant terms.
1. Subject to the following rules, we accept Forecast singles, doubles and trebles as part of our normal business. Any Forecast accumulators accepted in error, which do not comply to the format and conditions above, will be settled as Forecast trebles, with the stake involved being equally split over the number of trebles available.
2. Forecast bets are settled from the returns declared by the CSF or BAGS/BEGS F/C. If for any reason, no CSF or BAGS/BEGS Forecast is returned, bets will be made void.
3. Forecast bets are void when less than three runners take part in the event or you select an unnamed favourite.
4. In the instance of Non-runners the bet will be settled as per the following:
A - Non-Runner in a 2 selection Forecast bet, the bet becomes a Win single at SP on the one remaining selection.
B - Non-Runner in a 3 selection Forecast bet, the bet becomes a Reverse Forecast bet on the two remaining selections. Two Non-runners and the bet becomes a Win single at SP on the one remaining selection.
5. In races where a greyhound finishes alone and no Forecast dividend is returned then all Forecast bets nominating that greyhound to finish first will be settled as a Win single at SP on the Winning greyhound. All other Forecast bets in the race are lost.
6. In the event of two or more Greyhounds dead-heating for first or second place then separate dividends will be declared and paid to each qualifying Forecast.
1. Tricast bets, in which selections must finish first, second and third in the correct order in specified races are accepted in single bets only. Stakes for any Tricast accumulators accepted in error will be divided equally to cover each Tricast race in Tricast singles only.
2. Greyhound (BAGS/BEGS) Tricasts are only accepted on races for which a computer Tricast dividend is declared. If a Tricast on a 6-dog race is not declared the bet will be made void. If there is a non-runner in the race, leading to Tricast option being removed, your bet will be made void.
3. Tricasts will be settled in accordance with the official computerised return.
4. In the instance of a non-runner in the race all Tricast bets will be made void, whether there is a reserve entered or not.
5. In the event of two or more Greyhounds dead-heating for first, second or third place then separate dividends will be declared and paid to each qualifying Tricast.
Greyhound Specials/Betway Boosts/Extra Markets/Enhanced Specials
1. In a Betway Boost, if there is a non-runner, a Rule 4 Deduction may apply
2. In any further extra markets, if there is a non-runner, a rule 4 deduction may apply.
3. We may offer enhanced win/place doubles/trebles. This market will be clearly marked.
4. Any withdrawn greyhound in this market will result in the market being made void, unless the result is already known. A Rule 4 may apply for a withdrawn dog in any of the races affected.
1. In the event of any non-runner, match bets will be void.
2. If one greyhound fails to complete the course the other greyhound will be deemed the winner. If both greyhounds fail to complete the course bets are void.
1. We may offer prices on which trap will win the most races at selected meetings.
2. Trap challenge bets are unaffected by reserves, vacant traps or void races.
3. If a race finishes as a dead heat, each trap will receive a ‘half-win’, likewise if it is a three-way dead heat, each trap will receive a ‘one-third win’ and so on.
4. In the event of a meeting not starting, all bets are void.
5. If two or more traps record the same number of wins, dead heat rules apply.
Aggregate Winning Distances
1. A prediction on the total winning margins (distance between first and second placed greyhounds) of each race at a particular meeting, usually offered on TV meetings.
2. For races won by less than a length, the following is awarded:
3. The maximum winning distance for a race is 10 lengths.
4. If a meeting has one or two walkovers, races abandoned or declared void, then bets will be settled with a default distance of 2 lengths. If a meeting has 3 or more walkover, races abandoned or declared void, then bets will be void, unless the winning overs band for the market has already been achieved, in which case all bets will stand.
Rule 4’s / a.k.a “Tattersalls Rule 4(c)”
1. Price at time of withdrawal* and amount deducted in the £ (or equivalent) from winnings: *Time of Withdrawal = Time when Betway withdraws the Non Runner in the Betway Betting Market (not the time when Greyhound is withdrawn by Trainer).
Rule 4 deductions table:
|Non-Runner Price When Withdrawn||Amount Deducted from Winnings|
|1/9 or shorter||90p in the £1|
|2/11 to 2/17||85p in the £1|
|1/4 to 1/5||80p in the £1|
|3/10 to 2/7||75p in the £1|
|2/5 to 1/3||70p in the £1|
|8/15 to 4/9||65p in the £1|
|8/13 to 4/7||60p in the £1|
|4/5 to 4/6||55p in the £1|
|20/21 to 5/6||50p in the £1|
|Evs to 6/5||45p in the £1|
|5/4 to 6/4||40p in the £1|
|13/8 to 7/4||35p in the £1|
|15/8 to 9/4||30p in the £1|
|5/2 to 3/1||25p in the £1|
|10/3 to 4/1||20p in the £1|
|9/2 to 11/2||15p in the £1|
|6/1 to 9/1||10p in the £1|
|10/1 to 14/1||5p in the £1|
|Over 14/1||No deduction|
Last updated: 14/05/2020 at 10:00 BST