Please note we do not accept horse racing bets from customers who reside in Germany.
Please note we do not accept bets on US Horse Racing from customers who reside in Canada.
All information relating to trainers, jockeys, going and form is for display purposes only and Betway accepts no responsibility for the correctness of this information or otherwise of this information, or any changes made to this information from time to time.
1. Subject to the following rules, we accept Forecast singles, doubles and trebles as part of our normal business. Any Forecast accumulators accepted in error, which do not comply to the format and conditions above, will be settled as Forecast trebles, with the stake involved being equally split over the number of trebles available.
2. Forecast bets are settled from the returns declared by the CSF or BAGS/BEGS F/C. Any bonus for Forecast doubles or trebles is added to the calculated total return, i.e. excluding any leg by leg bonus.
3. Forecast bets are void when less than three runners take part in the event or you select an unnamed favourite.
4. If for any reason, no CSF or BAGS/BEGS Forecast is returned, bets will be settled by reference to the NSL Straight Forecast Chart.
5. In the instance of Non-runners the bet will be settled as per the following:
6. Non-Runner in a 2 selection Forecast bet, the bet becomes a Win single at SP on the one remaining selection.
7. Non-Runner in a 3 or more selection Forecast bet, the bet becomes a Reverse Forecast bet on the two remaining selections. Two Non-runners and the bet becomes a Win single at SP on the one remaining selection.
8. In races where a horse finishes alone and no Forecast dividend is returned then all Forecast bets nominating that horse to finish first will be settled as a Win single at SP on the Winning horse. All other Forecast bets in the race are lost.
9. In the event of two or more horses dead-heating for first or second place then separate dividends will be declared and paid to each qualifying Forecast.
US Horse Racing – All Forecast dividends are provided by the Press Association.
1. Tricast bets, in which selections must finish first, second and third in the correct order in specified races are accepted in single bets only. Stakes for any Tricast double, treble, etc accepted in error will be divided equally to cover each Tricast race in Tricast singles only.
2. Horse and greyhound (BAGS/BEGS) Tricasts are only accepted on races for which a computer Tricast dividend is declared. Any Tricasts accepted for races which no Tricast dividend is declared will be settled as computerised straight Forecasts on the selections nominated to finish first and second, with the selection for third place discounted.
3. Any Tricast which contains an unnamed favourite, that selection will be settled as a non-runner.
4. Tricasts will be settled in accordance with the official computerised return.
5. In the instance of Non-runners the bet will be settled as per the following:
6. If one selection is a non-runner then the bet will be settled as a straight Forecast at the computer Forecast dividend.
7. If there are two non-runners then the bet will be settled as an SP single on the remaining selection.
8. In the event of two or more horses dead-heating for first, second or third place then separate dividends will be declared and paid to each qualifying Tricast.
1. A “Race Winner” bet where an Early Price (“EP”) is taken will be settled at the Price offered by Betway.
2. Where Starting Price (“SP”) is taken, bets will be settled at Industry SP – as provided by the Press Association (“PA”).
3. In the event of no SP being returned by the PA, bets will be settled at the last Price traded in the Betway system.
4. Forecast and Tricast dividends, where offered, are provided by the PA.
5. No Best Odds Guaranteed (“BOG”) is payable on International Racing.
Abandoned and Voided Races
Day Of Race bets will be void if:
US Horse Racing – If the surface changes (Turf to All Weather/Dirt) then all bets stand.
Postponed and Re-Run Races
If a Race is re-run on the same day, then Day Of Race bets will stand (subject to standard Rule 4 deductions); even if the number of Fences or Race Distance is amended.
If a Race Meeting is postponed and due to be re-run within 2 calendar days, then Day Of Race bets will stand (unless Declarations are re-opened). If Declarations are re-opened, or the Meeting is re-scheduled after 48 hours, then Day Of Race bets will be void.
Please also read specific Rules regarding Ante Post Betting postponements (below*), which are incorporated herein as relevant and binding.
1. Ante Post bets are accepted up to and including the day prior to the event, on the basis of all in, run or not and entered or not.
2. Selections not taking part in the race/event concerned are losers in all cases where bets are struck prior to the official ‘Final Declaration’ stage.
3. Ante Post bets are those placed at our quoted prices on horses and prior to the race becoming classed as ‘Day of Event’ (‘Day of Event’ is a term used to describe the time at which overnight declarations are made).
4. All bets placed after the overnight declaration stage are settled in accordance with our Early Prices/Day of Race Rules (ie Money back if Non Runner, but subject to Rule 4 deductions).
5. If, during the course of any Ante Post Entry/Forfeit or Declaration stage, odds are incorrectly left up on the website, these bets will be void.
6. In line with the principles laid down by Tattersalls Committee’s Rules of Racing, Ante Post bets will be void under the following circumstances, otherwise, bets stand.
7. *If an Ante Post horse race is abandoned and rescheduled to run at another racecourse or run on a different surface then Ante Post bets will be void.
8. *If an Ante Post horse race is postponed and rescheduled to run at the same racecourse on the same surface then all Ante Post bets will stand. However, once an Ante Post Race reaches “Final Declaration” Stage (24 or 48 hours before), then if the Race reopens (for new declarations) or reverts back to a previous forfeit/declaration stage, then all Ante Post bets placed after Final Declarations will be void.
9. If a horse is balloted out or eliminated under Jockey Club rules bets will be void.
10. When the same selection is backed to win two or more races/events where at least one of those events is an Ante Post bet, special odds are applicable. If none are displayed then the first selection in the betslip will stand and other(s) will be void.
Others on request
If a horse is not displayed in our list please contact Betway Customer Support to ask for your selection to be quoted. Other horses may be added to Ante Post lists as the Runners (before Finals Declaration Stages) are not definitive.
When a Dead-Heat occurs winners are paid on a “split-stakes” basis. (e.g. if 2 horses dead-heat then half the stake is paid as a winner.)
1. In an each-way bet, half of the stake goes on the selection to win, and half on the selection to be placed.
2. The place part of the bet will be paid at a fraction of the win price.
3. In all races the number of runners shall be the number of runners coming under starters orders.
4. Each-way accumulator bets are settled win-to-win, place-to-place.
5. In any race reduced to fewer than 5 starters, each-way bets will be taken as ‘all-to-win’ given that there are no places available.
6. In accumulative wagers, the bet reverts to normal place odds according to the number of runners in each race.
7. Place bets are not accepted unless at least an equal amount is invested to win.
8. Where there is excess place money over win money in each-way bets, then that part of the bet will be void, win or lose.
Place terms for 'Each Way' betting
|Win Only||All Races||2-4 runners|
|1/4 odds 1,2||All Races||5-7 runners|
|1/5 odds 1,2,3||All Races||8-11 runners|
|1/5 odds 1,2,3||Non-handicaps||12 or more runners|
|1/4 odds 1,2,3||handicaps||12-15 runners|
|1/4 odds 1,2,3,4||handicaps||16 or more runners|
9. If each way Terms are incorrectly published on the website then Betway will amend settlement accordingly.
10. Betway reserves the right to bet Win Only on certain Races at its discretion.
1. When Extra Places are offered, they will be subject to the following minimum runner terms for the Places to be paid.
(a) Races offering 1 Extra Place above Industry standard (eg 4 Places instead of 3)
If non-runners lead to the number of horses taking part falling below the minimum required, then standard Place Terms will apply.
(b) Races offering 2 Extra Places or more above Industry standard (eg 6 Places instead of 4)
If non-runners lead to the number of horses taking part falling below the minimum required, then we will revert to paying 1 Extra Place above Industry standard.
BOG is not eligible in Races where 2 or more Extra Places are offered (apart from UK Grand National).
The offer of SP Betting may be withdrawn, at Betway’s discretion, in Races offering Extra Places.
1. Each day we will offer Early Prices on selected horse races.
2. Early Prices are subject to Tattersalls Rule 4 deductions. Should a horse be withdrawn not under orders in an Early Price race, stakes on that selection will be returned. Bets on other runners in the race will be subject to a Rule 4 deduction, based on the last Early Price available at the time the horse is withdrawn (see Rule 4’s).
All bets placed on UK and Irish horse racing will be settled based on First Past the Post (FPP) AND the official result.
1. First Past the Post: The immediate result after the race has been completed (Exceptions apply, please see relevant section below).
2. Official Result: Announced at the "weigh-in" on the day, after any Steward's Enquiries and/or objections have been considered. If any changes are made to the result after the official result has been announced, there will be no change to the settlement of bets.
1. This offer applies to winning single and multiple bets and the win part of Each-Way bets only.
2.Only bets on UK & Irish Horse Racing are eligible - Bets placed on non-UK/Irish Horse Racing meetings are settled on the result declared officially by the racecourse judge and confirmed by the ‘Weighed-In’ announcement. If any changes are made to the result after the official result has been announced, there will be no change to the settlement of bets.
3. FPP does not apply to any horse racing market other than race winner.
4. A selection carrying the wrong weight or the jockey failing to weigh-in
5. A selection taking the wrong course
6. Ante Post bets
7. Forecasts or Tricasts
8. Void race
9. A selection given as the winner in error by the judge
10. A bet placed on a two-runner race
1. Settlement of bets are based on the Official Result.
2. If one selection does not run, bets will be void.
3. Dead heat rules apply.
4. One of the two selections in any matchbet must complete the course for the bets to stand; otherwise bets are void.
1. We reserve the right to refuse any Horse Racing bet that is submitted to us, without giving a reason.
2. In these rare instances we will inform the Customer (using the contact details supplied on his/her account) before the first Race in the bet takes place.
1. Some races contain reserves, who may or may not be priced in our Early Prices.
2. Where no price is quoted for a reserve then that reserve does not count for settlement purposes.
3. Where a price is quoted for 1 or more reserves then the finishing position of these reserve(s) will count for settlement purposes.
4. The price of any Reserves which run, will be offset against any Rule 4 deduction applicable from the non-runner(s).
1. Price at time of withdrawal* and amount deducted in the £ (or equivalent) from winnings:
*Time of Withdrawal = Time when Betway withdraws the Non Runner in the Betway Betting Market (not the time when Horse is withdrawn by Trainer
_Rule 4 deductions table_
|Non-Runner Price When Withdrawn||Amount Deducted From Winnings|
|1/9 or shorter||90p in the £1|
|2/11 to 2/17||85p in the £1|
|1/4 to 1/5||80p in the £1|
|3/10 to 2/7||75p in the £1|
|2/5 to 1/3||70p in the £1|
|8/15 to 4/9||65p in the £1|
|8/13 to 4/7||60p in the £1|
|4/5 to 4/6||55p in the £1|
|20/21 to 5/6||50p in the £1|
|Evs to 6/5||45p in the £1|
|5/4 to 6/4||40p in the £1|
|13/8 to 7/4||35p in the £1|
|15/8 to 9/4||30p in the £1|
|5/2 to 3/1||25p in the £1|
|10/3 to 4/1||20p in the £1|
|9/2 to 11/2||15p in the £1|
|6/1 to 9/1||10p in the £1|
|10/1 to 14/1||5p in the £1|
|Over 14/1||No deduction|
Betway reserve the right to change prices from those displayed emanating from Racecourse Show Prices.
Betway will return the Industry SP on all bets struck at “SP” or on the “Favourite”.
All bets on races declared a walkover or declared 'void' will be void, win or lose.
1. If a horse comes under Starter's Orders but refuses to race, the bet will be a loser. This includes situations where a horse remains in the standing stalls or is left (or loses many lengths) at the Start.
2. In all horse races where a runner is withdrawn, or adjudged not to have started - and therefore been declared a Non-Runner by the starter - stakes on that selection will be refunded (exception with Ante Post bets).
3. Bets on the remaining runners in that race, taken at Early Prices or at Show Prices prior to withdrawal, will be subject to a deduction. This is based on Tattersalls Rule 4 (see above) and is dependent on the Non-Runner's price at the time it was withdrawn.
1. A prediction on the total winning margins (distance between first and second places horses) of each race at a particular meeting
2. For Races won by less than a length, the following is awarded:
3. The maximum winning distance for a National Hunt race is 30 lengths
4. In the event of a walkover, the distance will be 12 lengths for a National Hunt race
5. The maximum winning distance for a Flat race is 12 lengths
6. In the event of a walkover, the distance will be 5 lengths for a flat race
1. How Many Winning Favourites: Select the amount of winning SP favourites across one race meeting. Joint or Co favourites will be paid as the lowest race card number.
2. Jockeys To Ride A Double: If your selected jockey wins 2 races or more the bet is a winner. Any non-runner will count as a loser, Spare Rides do not count.
3. Which Jockey Will Ride The Most Winners: Select a jockey to ride more winners than the other jockey. A draw means both jockeys rode the same amount of winners, both jockeys riding 0 winners is a draw. Any non-runner will count as a loser, Spare rides do not count.
4. Jockeys To Ride A Treble: If your selected jockey wins 3 races or more the bet is a winner. Any non-runner will count as a loser, Spare Rides do not count.
5. Enhanced Win Treble:An Enhanced Win Treble is 1 bet made up of 3 selections at enhanced odds, all selections must win. If one of the selections is a non-runner, all bets will be made void, unless the result is already known.
6. Enhanced Place Treble: An Enhanced Place Treble is 1 bet made up of 3 selections at enhanced odds, all selections must place. If one of the selections is a non-runner, all bets will be made void, unless the result is already known.
7. Enhanced Place Double: An Enhanced Place Double is 1 bet made up of 2 selections at enhanced odds, all selections must place. If one of the selections is a non-runner, all bets will be made void, unless the result is already known.
8. Enhanced Win Double: An Enhanced Win Double is 1 bet made up of 2 selections at enhanced odds, all selections must win. If one of the selections is a non-runner, all bets will be made void, unless the result is already known.
9. Trainers To Train A Double: If your selected trainer wins 2 races or more the bet is a winner. Any non-runner will count as a loser.
10. Trainers To Train A Treble: If your selected trainer wins 3 races or more the bet is a winner. Any non-runner will count as a loser.
11. All SP Favourites To Place Accumulator: All starting price favourites must place with standard race terms applying, Joint or Co favourites will be paid as the lowest race card number.
12. Additional Each Way/Extra Place Race: If the each way terms in the main race book change due to non-runners, e/w terms in the Additional Each Way book will change in line. E.g; if a race goes from 4 places to 3 places, the Additional Each Way market will change from 5 places to 4 places etc.
Single selection Boosts: A Rule 4 (see table above) may be applied to Boost Singles or Enhanced Win/Places in the event of other horses in the Race becoming non-runners.
Multiple selection Boosts: If any Horse quoted in a Boost or Enhanced Win/Place market with multiple runners (eg Double Boost) is a Non Runner, then the whole bet is void.
Ante Post Horse Racing Boosts will be settled in accordance with Racing Rules. Where selections do not run, bets will be classified as losers – unless otherwise specified.
1. This multiple bet includes singles and upwards on 4, 5 or 6 selections respectively. The bonuses and consolations on this bet are available for Day Of Race Horse Racing bets, on the Race Winner market only. If this bet is accepted for any other Sport it will be settled without the bonuses or consolations.
2. In the case of an each-way bet, the bonus or consolation is only applicable to the Win part of the Each-Way bet.
3. Bets containing non-runners or void selections will not qualify for win bonuses or consolations.
4. Any bets resulting in a void, push or cash out result will not qualify. Partial cash out bets will also not qualify.
5. Bonuses and Consolations are adjusted net of any Rule 4 deductions.
6. Bonuses and Consolations do not apply for customers residing in Canada.
7. Free Bets do not count for Bonuses or Consolations. Real Money or bonus bets only.
10% will be added to your Profit if all 4 selected win. This applies to the Win part only if it was an Each-Way bet.
20% will be added to your Profit if all 5 selected win. This applies to the Win part only if it was an Each-Way bet.
25% will be added to your Profit if all 6 selected win. This applies to the Win part only if it was an Each-Way bet.
1. For all Lucky Bets, your win single is settled at "double odds" if only one winner is selected. This applies to the Win part only if it was an Each-Way bet.
2. Free Bets do not count for Bonuses or Consolations. Real Money or bonus bets only.
3. Bonuses and Consolations do not apply for customers residing in Canada.
4. Eligible bets will be settled based on the prices taken. We aim to credit the extra amount within an hour of a bet being settled, but please allow up to 24 hours.
Insurebet insures a customer’s bet if their horse is beaten. You will receive your money back as cash if your horse finishes second or third. If you choose either option, you will receive a slightly reduced price.
Non-runners can lead to a R4 deduction. *E.g. Horse X is backed in the Faller Insurance market at 11/4, when its standard Race Winner price is 4/1. A Rule 4 deduction of 20p based on the 4/1 price will be applied.
If the selected horse falls, unseats or is brought down during the race the stake will be refunded.
If the selected horse pulls up, slips up, is carried out, hits the rails, refuses or refuses to race the stake will not be refunded.
Non-runners can lead to a R4 deduction*E.g. Horse X is backed in the Faller Insurance market at 11/4, when its standard Race Winner price is 4/1. A Rule 4 deduction of 20p based on the 4/1 price will be applied.
Available on UK and Irish Horse Race Winner bets (Excluding Arabian thoroughbred Races and selected Extra Place races) placed after 09:00am (UK time). £1 (or 50p each way) minimum. Best Odds Guaranteed does not apply to Ante-Post racing, Lucky 15, 31, 63 bets, Overnight, Place Only, Match Bets, Boosts, Enhanced prices, "SP", Free Bets and cash-out bets.
Selected Extra Place races that will be excluded from BOG include the Foxhunters’ Chase (7th April 2022), Topham Handicap Chase (9th April 2022) and Irish Grand National (18th April). Races that are excluded from BOG will be clearly displayed in the Extra Place terms on that race.
Last updated: 04/05/2022